I have noticed more businesses using ‘to gift’ instead of ‘to give’, and worse, ‘gifted’ instead of ‘given’. It often relates to a donation or gimmicky corporate gift. Nothing in particular to say about this one except: it grates, please stop using it. Unless you are referring to someone with exceptional abilities, that is.
- Mid-summer BIG SING! (@ Palais Theatre in Franklin, TAS) swarmapp.com/c/e2Q68Yu3d09 8 minutes ago
- @rodl Where’s Astro Labe when you need him. 13 hours ago
- Got an email reply that simply said “Dully noted.” Should I be offended? 17 hours ago
- RT @Enjoy_Tasmania: #Tasmania - Australia's Mountain Bike Wonderland #MTB buff.ly/2Dz2DCi 19 hours ago
- Looking forward to a laugh at this! twitter.com/statecinema/st… 20 hours ago