Our local newspaper regularly commits crimes against the English language, and can only loosely be called journalism, but it does provide a lot of amusement. Someone there really, really loves quotation marks, or inverted commas, call them what you like. They appear randomly around groups of words that are clearly not quotes, or titles or irony. An article from this week’s edition is provided here for your entertainment.
- Mid-summer BIG SING! (@ Palais Theatre in Franklin, TAS) swarmapp.com/c/e2Q68Yu3d09 8 minutes ago
- @rodl Where’s Astro Labe when you need him. 13 hours ago
- Got an email reply that simply said “Dully noted.” Should I be offended? 17 hours ago
- RT @Enjoy_Tasmania: #Tasmania - Australia's Mountain Bike Wonderland #MTB buff.ly/2Dz2DCi 19 hours ago
- Looking forward to a laugh at this! twitter.com/statecinema/st… 20 hours ago